methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
You're suggesting an Odyssey with a truck bed?
Sure, why not? I may be biased (I own one), but I love my truck. It does everything I need a truck to do (hauls all the household stuff I would ever need plus plenty of room for wife and kid), everything I want a truck to do (4WD for snowboarding, high-ish clearance for summer camping trips on unpaved areas), and it has the one killer feature that no other truck in its class has - a lockable trunk in the bed. The trunk allows me to carry all the stuff I need to keep clean and dry (i.e., a stroller, sleeping bags, etc.), while not impinging on the room in the bed.

OP's requirements were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
Right now he drives a Lexus LX470 (+100,000 miles on it) and he wants to trade it for a new truck or SUV for under $50,000. he carries a lot crap in the back too so there needs to be space. and its going to be driven everyday so i told him to get a toyota thundra but he doesn't like those.
I was half-joking when I suggested a Ridgeline. I believe that no one in their right mind would really go from a Lexus to a Ridgeline, it just lacks a lot of the luxury and refinement of the Lexus. But then again, OP suggested a Tundra, and I think that the Ridgeline is a much better choice than the Tundra, especially if the requirement is just that his dad "carries a lot of crap".