View Single Post
      04-19-2022, 06:14 AM   #25
Prolix-2
Private
Rep
Drives: Volvo + Misc other Euro cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
I like the way it’s being done. I added parts I wanted to my e90 in a similar, if not the same way.
Would buy a car just because it had the wheels I wanted, or interior or bumpers I wanted. Etc.
Assuming you’re getting these at a low cost and will part them out, the parts cost you nothing in the end, except for the time taken to part them out.
That's more or less what's happening. I'm patient and working through it as I go. See what shows up on the crashed cars exchange and get extras.

I bought a CLK for the family last year and I ended up purchasing an additional 6 CLKs to provide support for suspension, wheels, trim, etc. I would love to do that for this year's convertible, but there aren't than many R230s around and the ones that are ALWAYS bring good money, no matter the condition.

----------

Getting back to the E91:

Next thing on the docket is going to be suspension; most pressingly springs and shocks.

I would assume rear spring rates are going to be different than the sedans by a bit? Otherwise I could pull springs from one of the N51 M Sports and chose dampers.

I believe someone with an e91 made a comprehensive list of spring codes somewhere. I remember looking through it.

Alternatively there is always a coilover set up of some kind even though I don't want to drop the car but by maybe 1/4" to 1/2" at the most. Stock ride height is fine by me. Ride comfort with ride quality trade off is the search and likely will stick with the stock sport setup. I would love Ohlins for their legendary ability, but not sure it's worth that much of an investment for me. If I have to purchase rear springs new for the e91 to get spring rates correct it might be though as I remember pricing those new to something of the tune of $600 for the pair.
Appreciate 0