03-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
Kanuk_Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_guy View Post
I contacted BMW NA and this is the reply from them:

The BMW Full Maintenance program is only valid on United States specification vehicles serviced within the United States, and will not be honored on a vehicle that has been exported to Canada. We suggest contacting your local BMW center for more information. Should you need it, you will find a complete listing of authorized BMW centers in Canada at http://www.bmw.ca, under "Find a Retailer."

Long story short, I had the brake replaced by an indep shop.
Thanks for the reply. Just something I noticed though. It seems you are trying to go through 'official' channels by contacting BMWNA and trying to get the official word. Which, in theory is correct because they are only reciting what they know and are told.

However Mabman and Desi4Life have reported going up to the Buffalo and speaking with the dealer independently who is completing the work under the maintenance program.

I know you live in BC, But perhaps you could try driving down to Seattle and speaking with a dealer directly to see if they'll help you out?....Just a thought.