View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #36
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS29849228 View Post
The power line adapter did not work. There's is some sort of connection issue between the pool house and main house.

The power line adapters we're working together in the same room when I tested them but once I moved the 2nd unit to the pool house it just didn't work.

My next option is to return this and buy the mesh system? I saw it at Best Buy for 350 to 500..... and I think google was one of the makers

:/
Powerline adapters typically only work if the adapters are sitting on the same electrical circuit, ie no circuit breaker in between. There are some powerline adapters that claim to be able to work across breakers. But I haven't seen one personally.

If you've read my posts, getting any of the wireless mesh systems like Google WiFi, Netgear Orbi, Linksys Velop, Eero, etc, you're going to run into a problem of wireless performance between access points as they all use omnidirectional antennas. If you want to use a wireless mesh, you need to spend the money and buy access points which support wireless mesh and can use external antennas which you'll be using directional antennas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS29849228 View Post
Running a wire seems difficult....

We have concrete, trees and walls in between the pool house and main house sadly....
If you can't run the conduit, just pay for someone to do it. It's not impossible.

As someone stated in a previous reply, if you have the financial means to have a home with a separate pool house, you should be able to afford to pay to get this done properly.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00