View Single Post
      05-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #54
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmace View Post
My thanks go to the OP!!! I installed this upgrade, yesterday, 330i E90 with 93k miles, including the Mayle HD sway bar links (ends). I did not replace the tie rods, no need at this time. I'm still due for an alignment on Monday and wanted to reach out to OP or anyone who had done it:

- Do I need to specify of the upgrade to the alignment tech?
- Does the alignment tech loosen up/tighten up the same bolts in order to have the vehicle aligned?

Thoughts to share: I did not loosen up the steering rack, bolts in the way of the tie rod boot were not that difficult to remove, and dropping the wheel (rotor) 18.7 inches from the wheel well (see OP's photo) did not make much difference in my case. Impact gun was a GODSENT, if you don't use one you're in for a challenge. I was so excited about this upgrade (and adrenalin pumped) that I replaced some additional overdue items like windshield washer pump, spark plugs, cabin filter, fuel filter, and air filter. I agree with OP that this is an absolute must upgrade for your investment. OP thank you again.
Your very welcome! The only reason for the 18.7" ride height adjustment is so the bushings are not tighten at wrong height and wear out.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 1
ttthai28.00