10-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
hybrid90
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Hi all!! When I bought my 2013 E92 335is, after a few days I noticed that a few things didn't work. At first I assumed it was a bad fuse, but upon further inspection, I found that the car had been broken into (educated guess/circumstantial evidence) as I found the wiring harness underneath the overhead console severed. This was a problem because said harness feeds the Premium Pkg Mirror (compass, auto dimming & homeliness), the rain & headlight sensors, the rear overhead console and the Alarm System. So obviously none of those items work. The problem was that the plugs to all of those items had been pulled so they were not there if I wanted to reconnect them.

This turned into a real mess because apparently, they are part of the "full body harness" that runs the entire length of the headliner/roof so I couldn't just order a replacement harness.

A couple of weeks ago, I found a part-out 2010 LCI E92 335i with all the same options as mine (with the exception of the alarm system) and he managed to get me the entire front section of the harness.

Here is my problem: I have found someone i trust quite a bit to reconnect everything, but seeing as how they are not the same year, I don't know if the wiring colors will match so I'm looking for someone who knows if it will or will not match, or someone who can point me to the wiring diagrams for these two cars so we can get this all wired back up.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!