335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_ACS View Post
I had my fair share of issues with these rims. I have a 330d Cabrio, fitted with M225 rims. After buying the car 2 yrs ago, I had tire pressure loss within hours after picking it up. The previous owner did (of course) not say anything about it so I had it fixed at my own expense (a company welded the crack). Few weeks later, same issue occurs again, this time another wheel.

I decided then to purchase 2 new rear wheels. BMW did not want to come in between and refund me. Since the car was secondhand, I had very few arguments to ask for a refund.

However, weeks after having mounted the 2 new (rear) wheels, also they started cracking (increasing my level of frustration).

To my surprise, BMW left me in the dark and said I drove to 'agressively'. I could not believe my ears!

Since then, I had both of them welded 6 (six) times !

Today, it happened again. I am fed up with these wheels and do not even trust the car anymore.

I will throw away these hellish wheels and put 17's.

Such a shame from BMW. My patience has been severely pushed to the limit.

Sounds like you weren't treated very well at all which is very unfair as it's clear for all to see that there has been a problem with these wheels from the beginning.

I'm really tempted to sell my wheels but I'm unsure what to go for as replacements, have a spare set of MV3's which I intend to use as winter wheels but may use them for winter and summer tyres