View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #2846
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddots View Post
G19 is great for 95% of people out there.

I'd recommend the Gen 5 if you go that way.

The Smith Wesson 2.0 compact might be worth a look as well. It is available with a thumb safety if that floats your boat. Imho only the 1911 really needs one.
i’ve said it plenty, including earlier in this thread, i used to be a glock guy, the more i shoot anything else the less i like the glock.

they may be one of the best most reliable pistols out there, and if the world was ending i would probably pick up my g34 (parts are plentiful, blah blah blah), but compared to everything else in my safe they are not as fun to shoot, the trigger is not great etc.

The G19 is the one glock that i could never like, the 34 was my go-to for many years (classes and such) and it is in my bed side safe right now, the 26 was my favorite glock for years. I bought a 19 to carry, and because everyone else on earth has one so i thought i should check it out. I just don’t like it, grip angle, trigger (you can’t modify the stick trigger in a carry gun in ca) and it is so thick and blocky that i fins it less concealable then a full sized 1911, not to mention a spare mag.

If you are considering a glock 19 or 17 you owe it to yourself to try a CZ Sp01 and/or P01, they are so much more enjoyable to shoot.

If you don’t enjoy shooting it, then you won’t shoot it, if you don’t shoot it, you won’t be proficient and you shouldn’t carry it.
Appreciate 0