09-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #2849
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
i’ve said it plenty, including earlier in this thread, i used to be a glock guy, the more i shoot anything else the less i like the glock.

they may be one of the best most reliable pistols out there, and if the world was ending i would probably pick up my g34 (parts are plentiful, blah blah blah), but compared to everything else in my safe they are not as fun to shoot, the trigger is not great etc.

The G19 is the one glock that i could never like, the 34 was my go-to for many years (classes and such) and it is in my bed side safe right now, the 26 was my favorite glock for years. I bought a 19 to carry, and because everyone else on earth has one so i thought i should check it out. I just don’t like it, grip angle, trigger (you can’t modify the stick trigger in a carry gun in ca) and it is so thick and blocky that i fins it less concealable then a full sized 1911, not to mention a spare mag.

If you are considering a glock 19 or 17 you owe it to yourself to try a CZ Sp01 and/or P01, they are so much more enjoyable to shoot.

If you don’t enjoy shooting it, then you won’t shoot it, if you don’t shoot it, you won’t be proficient and you shouldn’t carry it.
It might not be for everyone, but the G19 was recommended for the wife as a first time self defense gun, which the G19 excels in undeniably. You even said yourself the glock would be your go to if SHTF. Which is what she would need in my opinion.

Also, I'd say the P10c would be a much better comparison to the G19 if his wife were to compare.