09-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #2858
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
I've heard good things about the Shield. Wish it was just a half inch longer barrel
I'm carrying the g19 over my Shield 9mm for only one reason. I'm naturally a better shot with the g19. When it comes down to it, i'm tactually accurate with both, but my groups running the same drills, back to back, with the g19 are half the size of my groups with the shield 9mm.

I figured in the heat of the moment, we're all going to fall back on what comes natural and i seem to just hit what i point at with the g19 without thinking about aiming.

I can be as accurate with the shield, but i have to focus on being accurate.

The point is, everyone is going to be more or less accurate with different pistols. The 13% less comfort from carrying the g19 is secondary to my ability to defend myself with it. As long as it's concealable, get her the one she shoots best.

Perfect example is my IMI baby eagle.... i took my wife shooting and gave her a $3k 1911 which is dead on accurate in my hands. She can't hardly hit the paper with it. I give her the Baby Eagle, which i can't shot for shit and she's throwing consistent 4-5 inch groups at 7 yds. Hell if i know, i'm just pissed because now i can't sell it, it's "her" gun now. lol