View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #17
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
I'm not connected to Malo in any way other than being a satisfied customer. Some are placing way too much support behind BMW whom have known about the engine imploding serpentine belt issue for at least a decade and offered consumers nothing. A corrosion issue developing using stainless bolts in this application won't become an issue in our lifetimes. Still concerned, just reuse / snug the bolts BMW placed there using loctite, which Malo supplies.
My last comment to you.

The purpose of the guard is to prevent a very low risk failure for the N52. An *almost* impossibility. Anyone who cares enough to buy one of the guards is obviously very risk averse, hence the purchase. I am one of these people as it seems are you.

So to sell this “risk averse person” a product to protect their motor from a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance and then ask them to now accept the guaranteed risk of corrosion (SS bolts) or fatigued bolts failing (stock single use bolt) is just damned stupid. Sorry to be so blunt. It’s like selling water to a fish. Makes no sense.

Now for the record there are companies selling guards with aluminum bolts included. So they have likely done more homework or understand their target market better than Malo. When the stock bolts are aluminum and the manufacturer recommends only such, why choose to use anything else other than what must be ignorance of these facts. A simple mistake I assume because it would be very bold to say BMW doesn’t know their stuff and I know better with my SS fasteners.

The purpose of this thread was to show the Malo product is superior btw. I’m running it and like it, and have had no issues. I just had to swap the fasteners to comply with the BMW requirements for my N52 motor.

Last edited by Biginboca; 12-12-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0