View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
I have also recently again devolved juddering under braking. The last time I stripped the front brakes down, replaced the calliper pins, cleaned & torqued everything back up & all has been good but now it's back.

So I took it into my local STS centre (have been taking all my cars there ever since I passed my test 29 years ago) firstly they carried out a free brake test where they put the car on rollers & measure the brake pressures/balance, which proved the brakes to be excellent, albeit a very minor fluctuation on the drivers front.
Next it went onto a cool ramp which shakes the car about as a chap underneath the car looks for movement in the steering & suspension components, which showed there to be slight movement in the drivers side front lower control arm & upon closer inspection showed that the rubber was beginning to split.
Looks like a pair of control arms & a geo next Saturday
just had mine on the shaker plates yesterday,,they couldnt find anything,,i was watching also..l was a very tiny amount of play but miniscule,,least i didnt have to pay..
Appreciate 0