View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #38
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markierocker335i View Post
I’m sorry for repeating the same question over and over again but I am totally confused after reading these different examples of suspension . I have a 2012 e92 335i with the M sport package .auto . That’s six speed auto not the other good one. One of the confusing part of this whole thing is when I hear people describe how their stock suspension feels . In my car that I described above has 50,000 miles on it and I would describe this suspension as extremely soft floaty boat like . With extreme body role .This car is dangerous if you load slowly load it up in a turn gently it’ll grab fairly well or ok but if there’s any bump in a high-speed turn you’re just about dead it disrupts the whole chassis . And your all over the place . This side to side transition is horrible. It’s not even predictable because undulation in the road gives you a different or more extreme Chasse disruption . Now as far as luxury the suspension is amazing it floats over the bumps it’s just very pleasant for a luxury car . But for any kind of spirited driveing it’s no good .am I crazy or is that the way the rest of you feel ? And definitely the stock rear dif is horrible omg ! Please tell me the basics set up for spirited street driving or Rare track day . nothing harsh just one good step from the stock msport set up as I have now . Mostly just something that you can enjoy driving the car without feeling like you’re gonna die . Bilstien shocks - dinan springs HR sport springs. And what’s that m3 upgrade part in the front suspension people are replacing . Is that M3 part more heavy duty . Dose it flex Less . Does it have better suspension geometry ?
Your suspension is probably shot; it's not stiff stock but shouldn't feel like that. Any of the common setups should work well depending on what you want.

Spring options: (from minimal to extreme lowering)

BMW Performance Springs
Dinan Springs
Eibach Pro kit
H&R Sport
Swift R-spec
Tein S tech
H&R Rce

Damper options:

Bilstein B4 (OE equivalent)
Koni Street shocks (non-adjustable but can be paired with lowering springs)
Koni Yellow (adjustable)
Bilstein Sport

Any of the above combinations will work. Be sure to get e36 M3 bumpstops for the front and Z4 for the rear. Or just get coilovers.
Appreciate 0