View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #290
mccurdy21
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by litxus View Post
Sounds like BMW is giving you crap and of course they do not want to pay for it. I would contact BORLA and ask them for something in writing that this will not impact your turbos as this is not some crap exhaust you bought on eBay or something. Also, call BMW NA and see what they can do as it sounds BS on their side.

By the way, how did you figure out that it was the waste gate problem as I do have the rattle, but it seems more like the exhaust flap (cold starts only)? I guess the only way to find out for sure is to put the "flap fix" (unplug it and leave it stuck open) and the see if there is any more ticking?
Just an update,

Their final evaluation was that the noise is the "Wastegate Seat" that is starting to fail... because the TSB says wastegate actuators, they can not pursue further... This is what the SA told me, and she did not sound to knowledgeable, there happened to be a tech out on the floor and she called him over.

I spoke with him and asked him what the difference is between the wastegate seat and the actuators and how the exhaust would affect the warranty work. I could tell that he didn't want to be too specific and it actually sounded like he didn't know. I asked him if he has replaced any turbos under the TSB and he said yeah, probably a handfull or so, but in those cases the car threw the low boost codes. So I said, ok, i just need to throw some codes

It seems like they won't do anything until failure and then they will look into it... In the mean time, I may hit up BMW NA and see what they say. In the end, it sounds like the exhaust will not be an issue.

In the mean time, I have a brand spankin new JB4 that just got delivered to my house, I wonder if I should hold off on installing it.
Appreciate 0