01-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #18
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Can't imagine anyone wanting to, weird idea there...lol

Servotronic must be for moms at the mall or something, baffled as to the point of it.

Oh, and it looks like cost is about $2620 with a few hours of dealership labor at my discounted rate. Not bad.
I love the feel. Go for it. I wish I had done it sooner, but I only really replaced mine because it was leaking and I finally had enough of topping off the fluid lol... Power steering fluid is expensive.

Also, I saw you linked to an install thread. Just a note, I HAD TO break off the plastic tab on the rack. If I didn't, the rack would only have bolted up in a "clocked" orientation. I broke the tab off and mounted the rack at dead center of its range of movement. The steering wheel takes exactly 2.25 turns in either direction to full lock. Maybe 1-series needs to break the tab off to properly clock the rack and 3-series doesn't? I don't know for sure, but make sure you install the rack dead center or you'll hit full-lock quicker in 1 direction than the other lol....

Also, take this as an opportunity to installed some MYLE upgraded tie-rod ends. They are cheap enough and this is the ideal time to do it.
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50