11-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #1464
poseidonhkg
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobrpower View Post
Ooookey, guys!
I've done it! It was not hard in realty. The only hard thing was to find the way to press the bushings into the caliper.
So, I'll describe what was done, and how. I hope it will be usefull for those who are looking for rear brakes upgrade ways.
I have e90 LCI 330d xDrive - maybe it has some importance.
I've purchased:
1. Custom eccentric bushings from one man, who helped me before with machining works.
2. 345mm Zimmerman discs from e60 (#150346120)
Tools:
1. scissors for metal
2. dremel
What was done:
1. Take the wheel off
2. Unscrew a little brake line from the original caliper while it is still mounted
3. take off the caliper (still connected to the brake line), take off brake disc
4. cut disc shield to fit new caliper with scissors or dremel. process sharp edges with dremel or smth
5. the most interesting part - pressing bushings into the caliper
I've used 10*60mm bolt and 3 spacers from one side, connected the bolt and bushing and positioned it properly (used my eye to measure). then I've started bind them slowly using PNEUMATIC WRENCH tool )))))))))
Pressed a little one bushing, then pressed another, then checked proper dimensiones using the brace from the original caliper. After I was shure that bolts are going in and out properly, I've binded the bushings to the end, and checked with the brace finally.
that's it. nothing difficult
6. then I've checked that nothing interrupts hand brake pads (when you cut the shild you may move smth a let smth what will interfere.
7. mounted brake disc and checked if it spins without problems.
8. disconnected old caliper from brake line, and immidiately connected the new one
9. mounted new caliper, checked the center position and found that it's perfectly centered
NOT ANY MACHINING of the caliper was done! No need at all!!!
10. mounted all the rest, it's not interesting
that's all.

By the way. YOU NEED to add brake fluid!!!
And you will hear some awfull sound in the beginning, while the pads will be in process of matching with the discs, as discs have some coat...

You are welcome with your questions
And now, after I'm sure that everything works, I'm ready to help you with the bushings
thanks you Bobrpower...

I would like to get more detail about the interesting part….

Is 10*60mm bolt as precursor to pressing bushings into the caliper right?
Is original bolt 10*26.5 mm bolt used for mounting Caliper & Wheel Carrier or we need longer bolt ?
What the spacer x 3 pieces purpose? What the size is and how you used it?

thanks
Appreciate 0