View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #42
MountainStone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0at23 View Post
After I get my POS back I'm going car shopping looking at the $70-80k range. I like the CLS 550, cherokee SRT8, and the A7. But I don't think I'm done driving a coupe yet. I'm single 28 with no kids so a 4 door is not necessary. I want a V8 more than anything. 4 wheel drive would be a plus as well cause it can get bad here in the winter. I have my heart set on a Audi RS5 but don't know how available it is. I think the 2013's are all sold out. Hopefully my car won't have any problems before 2014's comes out. I guess I'll have to go to a dealership when ever I get my car back.
If you can wait, Mercedes AMG is switching over to all AWD models (except for S- and SL-classes) next year. Get yourself a C63 AWD coupe and never look back. I traded my C32 AMG for my 335 and I have regretted it all four times I have been to the BMW service department so far. My old Merc was much more durable, and more importantly to me, much more DIY-friendly. BMW had my 335 for two days to diagnose a bad battery, replace it and register it. In a Merc, you just replace the battery and be on your way. Brake pad changes take two minutes per caliper and require only a large pair of slip-joint pliers, a drift pin and a small hammer. Oil changes are done from the top of the motor and can be accomplished in minutes with only a filter wrench and oil extractor. Turbo motors are so easy and cheap to mod, but a big naturally-aspirated V8 is just so much more durable. Good luck and let us know where you land