08-29-2018, 09:34 AM   #39
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I have driven many many Porsche vehicles and in my personal opinion, I find them extremely over priced.

Personally, I find the Ferrari models give you so much more of the sports car experience, that I would gladly purchase I well sorted 360 versus a brand new Cayman S for similar money. But again, that is my opinion.

If buying the Cayman as a daily driver, I want it to have some creature comforts I am used to, such as power and heated seats, nice headlights, etc. This pushes the price near 70 grand. If all I wanted was the 'sports car experience', then I would either step up and go with a used Ferrari or I would go the other direction and grab a nice Mazda MX-5 and pocket the other 50 grand.
More evidence you don't know what you're paying for:

- Throwing out quite possibly the worst sports car Ferrari's made in the last generation

- Buying a used 360 Modena? Good luck with maintenance costs. Porsche's aren't low to be sure, but they're manageable -- and, you know, warranty?

- I'm 6-4. Miatas are out; I don't fit. (Oh, and I don't fit in a Modena, either. I had a boss who had one once. He bought it used. Traded it for a Continental R within two months.) All that said, I understand your point about Miatas because so many Miata owners have stepped up to a Boxster that the Miata is called the gateway drug to a Porsche among Porschephiles.

What's wrong with $70k for a Porsche? Certainly nothing more than $70k for, say, an M4? With NO options? :: shakes head :: You're being hypocritical because, as stated previously, the Cayman and the M4 are two completely different cars.

I still wouldn't be caught dead in an M4.

Last edited by Viffermike; 08-29-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0