Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
More evidence you don't know what you're paying for:

- Throwing out quite possibly the worst sports car Ferrari's made in the last generation

- Buying a used 360 Modena? Good luck with maintenance costs. Porsche's aren't low to be sure, but they're manageable -- and, you know, warranty?

- I'm 6-4. Miatas are out; I don't fit. (Oh, and I don't fit in a Modena, either. I had a boss who had one once. He bought it used. Traded it for a Continental R within two months.) All that said, I understand your point about Miatas because so many Miata owners have stepped up to a Boxster that the Miata is called the gateway drug to a Porsche among Porschephiles.

What's wrong with $70k for a Porsche? Certainly nothing more than $70k for, say, an M4? With NO options? :: shakes head :: You're being hypocritical because, as stated previously, the Cayman and the M4 are two completely different cars.

I still wouldn't be caught dead in an M4.

Think as you wish, albeit your thoughts on the 360 are incorrect - certainly not 'the worst' as you state. M&R costs on a 360/430 are surprisingly reasonable for what the car is. Now 348 and F355? That is a different story.

Regards, and I hope you enjoy your car. The Cayman is a lovely vehicle and I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Last edited by Run Silent; 08-29-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0