View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarp View Post
I didn't know to be honest, got enough on in life to worry about my premiums going up.

The guy re-contacted his broker and canceled it before they processed it. He was really honest, I have quite a bit of car park rash on my car now(not my doing) and this guy to be fair got quite upset about it and admitted it. Very refreshing to be honest.

I have never claimed on car insurance, I have full no claims which are protected, they do ask if you have been involved in an accident even if no fault of your own and then load you anyway. But I didn't know how much.

I have given a written statement to the guy saying I do not want to pursue it further and will not pursue any recourse with regards to the incident.

I did however email my local BMW dealership and asked for a quotation for the repair, they asked for pictures and then supplied a quote.
It's a shame car insurance is the way it is, it feels that your in a no win situation with them. I've been told by insurance companies that even if your in an incident that's not your fault they still can rise it due to statistics, that is that the little incident may make you become more "nervous" as you could have gotten shook up so theres some crazy algorithms they seem to have that just about justifies any scenario that could involve increase in premiums.

And my gosh, BMW never fail to surprise me. It's no wonder I've never come out of that place with nothing more than nuts and bolts, and even they're crazy sometimes Haha. But hopefully the damage is very minor as your car judging from the side pics looked really nice! I don't know if you noticed on my car but theres paint scraped off the drivers side front bumper? It happened while I was working at the NHS and while parked in the car park they had contractors in so when I found out I couldn't track who done it, and of course insurance the way it is it just wasnt worth pursuing anything.
Appreciate 0