View Single Post
      12-17-2015, 05:27 AM   #283
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by F104 View Post
As a warning: I've a 2009 evolve switch. I can't update my car back to original. According to Evolve (Imran) and Alientech (the supplier of the unit) it's due to a (partial?) dealer update of my car. I'm not happy. The Switch reads my correct VIN number, but it fails over another reference.

So: if you own an early Switch (Alientech calls it a Powergate, easy to find pics) then see if you can re-load your original file. If you can then no problem, and likely you can still stop the process before it starts. I get a mismatch error.

I'm stuck at the moment, Imran has said he can't help me. This is going on for 3 weeks now. Alientech is willing to reset the switch if I send the unit to them, but they don't seem to realize the tuned file is still on my car. The car feels fast, and unless I'm mistaken the E90/92 320d's have a 225kph speed limiter. My car exceeds that easily in germany. Thus if I read-out the 'original' file, it's still the tune one.

I've sold the car with the promise of being able to re-load the original file. I can't, despite having a copy of the original file on my PC. The Xpro program on the Evolve link clearly allows to reset the unit and other things, but it gives a communication error. Both Imran and Alientech don't answer my questions on why I can't use Xpro myselve.

I'll send another very explicit email to Alientech.

Like I said, I'm not happy
I'm really sorry we couldn't help you any further with this issue. It has happened to us a few times on MINI's and the only way we can resolve it is to do a factory ECU update via a dealer. We have never seen this issue on a BMW D.
Appreciate 0