View Single Post
      06-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Has anyone contacted BMW regarding 29.2 and lag?

My car was recently built, and driving it I'm pretty sure it has the 29.2 as there is some lag. I can't compare to what it was like before. But it seems almost unanimously everyone hates the lag that comes with 29.2. As evidenced by Dinan coming out with the revised flash, customer complaints can make a change.

Wouldn't you think enough unique complaints may make BMW consider fixing this new lag? Personally when I have contacted BMW before through CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com the people I dealt with were horrible to say the least, so I'm hesitant too. I'm just thinking a few of us taking 3 minutes each may lead to a benefit.

Who knows, this may already be resolved with this progman 30.

EDIT: BMWNA can be reached at 800.831.1117
EDIT: Here is a way to email BMW AG:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/contact/contact.html
in the upper right corner, there is a "Send e-mail to:" drop-down box, select "BMW AG worldwide"

Please read these frequently asked questions FIRST
Q: How can I know what "Progman" version I have?
A: You can't tell yourself, there is no possible way. You can try and ask your dealer to tell you.

Q: Can't they just flash me back?
A: Although they could, they won't.

Q: But what if my dealer still has the old software?
A: No use, your car's software is newer and thus, you'll get no update. A special software is needed to downgrade which normal dealers don't get their hands on nor are they permitted to use without a BMW order to do so.

Last edited by slubu; 09-10-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0