09-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
ahsm
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

2AA8 Code question - DISA valve

Hello

I've been reading this thread:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1633514

Hoping to get more luck here as I noticed the other thread is in the general discussion subforum.

I am getting the 2AA8 code, I erased it with the Foxwell scanner and went for a drive and it came back.

Copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread:

Hello

Sorry to bump the thread but didn't want to create a new thread.

I have a N52 (3 stage intake manifold), I recently bought a Foxwell NT520 scanner and I am still learning how to use it correctly. I scanned my 330i and got some codes, one of these was "2AAB/not present DME: Variable intake system, self-diagnosis"

I cleared all the codes and went for a 30 minute spirited drive and the code above came back. Reading about the code leads me to believe it is the larger DISA valve (beside the throttle body). Although you mention that this code is non specific and better to know the P code (is it possible to know the P code with the Foxwell scanner?). One other thing is that I noticed that my ground strap is green and corroded (the one at the bottom of the car, not in the engine bay) is it possible that the bad ground strap is causing the 2AAB code and it's not actually the DISA valve? Last question - If I take out my DISA valve today for inspection, do I need any new gaskets before putting it back on?

Thank you
Appreciate 0