View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #106
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossland View Post
You will also need a letter from your insurance agent that the car is insured. Talk to him before you go, then phone him with the car details ser# etc, and ask him to fax the letter to the dealer.

US dealers are now selling so many cars to Canada, that most are familiar with the process and will help you. A few even have a special web page eg. www.carsforcanadians.com/
So basically you have to buy the car before you make your final trip down there. As you would need to have Bill of Sale to give to your insurance company.

Is there a way that you can hold off final payment until you actually get down to the American dealer and see the car? Could I somehow do the insurance once I got down there via phone fax? What about the other documents?

I have been perusing the classifieds and I didn't find one car I wanted that was closer than 2000K away. Most were even further. If I'm going to make the trip down there then it's likely I'm going to buy the car. I just don't want to finalize the deal until I can actually drive it. How can I make that work?
Appreciate 0