04-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
(Dead Project) E90 ACC Stop + Go Development Thread

Project goal: Drive to the beach without touching the gas or the brake.

Thanks to everyone who voted on my summer project thread. I was going to do the soft close door retrofit but the deal I had lined up for the parts fell through and I found another deal on the parts for this retrofit. It is such a tragedy that my current ACC retrofit only goes down to 20 miles an hour and I have to use actual force to press the brake pedal down. Then, when I am on the motorway even on the shortest following distance setting does not tailgate the person in front of me like a true BMW driver. Hopefully this new system will tailgate like a proper BMW driver.

Current unknowns:
  • Will E70 ACC parts play nice with the E90?
  • Where will I mount the new sensor?
  • Will the sensor like being center mounted instead off to the side like on the E70?

Parts List:
  • E70 ACC S+G sensor
  • E70 ACC S+G distance module
  • E90 ACC stalk
  • E70 ACC trim
  • F30 ACC bracket
  • VW Passat ACC harness
  • Bolts and screws

Functional Description

Wiring Diagram

Sensor dimensions: 12x8.5x4 CM

Instead of the ACC sensor getting PT can like the E90 ACC the S+G sensor gets special S can from the new LDM. My current plan is to plastic weld the E70 ACC trim to my pre lci E90 lower front grill. I believe the sensor needs a nice thin plastic trim over the sensor to protect it from road damage. For the actual mounting bracket I want to use a F30 ACC bracket and center mount it in between the crash bar and a lower plastic bracket.

I have no idea if this will work but it is worth the try.

This is a video of the two sensor S+G on Mr.Perfekt's E63:

This is a video of the current one sensor S+G on the new X5:

Last edited by Nickco43; 04-29-2019 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
hupchye74.00