05-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #574
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-dRew View Post
DA = density altitude, you can look it up on dragtimes.com and also airdensityonline.com/tracks/ or you can download the TRC app to your phone it will tell you live then you can write it on your slip

DA is a measure of how much air there is, even if you are at sea level the air could measure as if you are 3000ft above it depending on conditions. Knowing the DA helps understand your racing conditions and what expectations you should have for the run.

If you told me you ran a 13.2 @ 110 in your car at 500ft DA, id say it needs work. If you say you did it at 8500ft DA, id say you were doing pretty good.

A burnout isnt required for drag radials, i would do one, but if not I would at least want them hot. So if you drove to the track on them and its a warm day, might not be required, but I would always at least spin my tires get dirt and debris off before pulling to the line.

And if they are brand new tires, either drive on them 40-50 miles before hand or do a real good burnout the first time out, they wont hook well until you get the first layer of rubber and manufacturing goo off.

I would try shifting close to 6k+, your gears are long enough as is. Your mph isn't great, so I feel like between the spinning and short shifting you were giving up some trap somewhere.

Always datalog your runs at the track, what better place to do it? Rarely on the street will you get a chance to run from a stop through every gear to near 120. Paints a good picture of how good the car is running and again can give us understanding of why you would be running slow like this. If the car is good on the logs we can rule it out and focus on driving and traction, if the log is bad then we can see what needs fixed.

We can also see your intake temps, if they were extremely high it explains the low trap. If not, driving does. Lots of reasons to log and know DA.
Alright thanks so much for all the information haha. You are a goldmine! Thanks! Next time I'll go I'll keep all this in mind and post my results.

So a 265/45/17 tire would be a good fit on a 17x8 rim you think? Or 50.
Appreciate 0