mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
any drone before or after?
After the headers, not too bad - after the secondary cat delete, yes. I do not mind it. I was told by a friend it sounds like a modded E46 M3. I don't know if that's good or bad - considering it still sounds like a BMW and not a Honda, I'd say good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
They are a thing of beauty!

Now, for the BIG question, should I attempt the install tonight? Hmmmmm. . .
Haha! Told ya' so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Krish View Post
Can't wait to see dyno with tune and IM. Great review! Also I agree with you on how awesome they look after the heat!

Also, shout out to CS majors haha
Thank you! They've stayed that color after over 3K miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
I'm considering getting the aFe headers over the AA due to the emissions, but I'm still on the fence until such time when I do them later this year or next year.
Emissions has no concern with these, provided your state is NOT CA, where they are crazy strict with visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Nice review OP, they look as you say they do. I don't doubt AFE makes a great product

Very nice

Can't wait to see your results Tom Droze, I too have the N51
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
OP not to discourage you. BUt don't know if you will see a 250whp number after manifold plus tune. That is maybe real headers territory if I recall correct.
I predict something like 235-240whp based on intuition.

Which tune will you do: a off road header tune or a typical manifold only tune? Will a tuner like AA allow header tune on this? Because Header tunes differ than just turning off the CEL, wonder if the 300 CEL can handle it...
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Either way, I'm very happy over the gains, performance and mainly low to mid end torque. I'll for sure update when I get a proper dyno done as the car sits.

I did not need the off road tune, as per my research this is mainly needed for catless headers. It was their standard tune, with some feedback from one of my datalogged interstate runs at WOT in 4th. I did note of the header mod to AA as well as it reflected in the data I've logged, then sent back to them for a second, custom tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Well?
Well, well, well!