Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
Axiom is gone I read somewhere on here... My wife is buying me these headers for Father's Day!!! How does it sound with your secondaries off hack?
Whats the power curve 3K, 4K up to what?? Hook it up with more recent updates
I've had the AFE catted headers installed about two months ago. When I first had them installed I had the secondary cat delete with the BMW performance exhaust and it was friggin loud. My first course of action was to have 9-inch resonators installed on the mid pipes, which didn't help much, I then reinstalled the secondary cats, which toned it down to an acceptable level, until about 4,000 RPM. I then purchased the Dinan exhaust system, which helped but I ended up installing a baffle insert in the Y pipe. The increase in low and mid-range power was quite noticeable. Obviously, everyone has a different level of tolerance for noise, but the one thing I can assure you, if you are running with the secondary cat delete and the PE, it will be substantially louder. Have fun!
Thanks man... Yeah I'm excited to get it, I'm hoping the noise will not bother me. I don't know how AA headers can be tolerable with 2ndary cat delete + PE, wow... I am crossing my fingers that the AFE header+AFE mid pipes will be tolerable enough.. I do have the oem mid-pipes worst case.
Appreciate 1