View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #1241
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock View Post
Can anyone list out exactly what the M-sport package contains?

I know it's sport seats, "sport" suspension, front & rear bumpers, etc.
But what does "sport" suspension entail?
Are there other detailed changes, like steering rack, etc.?

Thanks!
Steering rack is unchanged between stock and ZSP/M-sport. The xi/xdrive version has a slower ratio than RWD cars (believe it is 18:1 vs 16:1 and very noticeable; they are not interchangeable btw), but that is unchanged in sport vs non-sport.

Suspension-wise, there is no difference between sport package ZSP (S226A) and M-sport (S704A) as best I could tell.

For xi/x-drive cars, there is no "sport suspension" -- there are identical in all parts with "non-sport" cars.

For RWD E91:
Sway bar in front is slightly stiffer in zsp/m-sport - I believe the difference here is not the diameter but a change in the "neck-down" since the stock and ZSP/m-sport bars both call out the same bushing diameter (26.5mm).

Rear sway bar (in E91) is unchanged in stock/zsp/m-sport since all E91s with the monster sunroof (S402A), which includes every single USA car, came with the still tiny but slightly larger 13mm rear sway bar (non-sport is 12mm).

Shocks are different, front and rear versus non-sport cars; again it shows same parts for ZSP vs m-sport. In the rear, the bump stops are different for ZSP/M-sport vs stock.

I assume E91 ZSP/m-sport had shorter/stiffer springs? I have an E90 330i we ordered with ZSP way back when, and it definitely has a lower ride height and stiffer springs than non-sport.

That's about all I have in my notes from a few years ago during my E91 hunting.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0