2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdutch513 View Post
Background on the car:
2010 328i
ESS Supercharger and 3IM.

So about a week ago I started to get a misfire. It happened when I was low in RPM and gave it over 50% throttle. Checked the spark plugs and they were shot so I replaced them and the misfire went away.
Cool.
Until the next day. I floored it to have some fun. The end of first gear felt funny, so I shifted to second and at 5500-6k rpm it started feeling weird again but I thought "Fuck it, send it." Kept it floored all the way to 6700 and the light came on. Cylinder one misfire(29CD).
Just replaced the plugs, so I swapped 1 and 2 coil. Stayed on cylinder one.
swapped injector. Still cylinder one.
compression test. 1, 2 and 3 all read between 205 and 210.
leak down test passed with flying colors.
cleaned MAF (even though its alpha n)
visually inspected plug wiring and connections, no visible faults.
visually inspected injector connection, no visible faults.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!

TL;DR Cylinder 1 misfire. New plugs, swapped coils, swapped injectors, compression test passed, leak down test passed.

Please help.
Looks like you did all the testing I would have done initially. Pull the plug in cylinder 1 and see if it looks like it's running lean?

Random idea: faulty o2 sensor in that bank that cylinder 1 exhaust feeds into? I'd think this would affect cylinders 1, 2, and 3 though.

I'm really not sure, but hope you get it sorted. Report back if you figure it out! The more info out there on SC'd N52's the better I'd think
So whenever I push it to the point of throwing the ses light, the car vibrates violently as it cylinder one isn't working at all. The exhaust sounds like a Subaru with a pulsating exhaust. The AFR reads 19:1 on my P3 gauge.