United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 325i M-Sport

Garage List
2008 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyarse View Post
Can I ask a question (being a newb ) - be gentle with me

I totally get the utter clownage on some of these cars and get why you would look a nob for putting say an M3 badge on a non-M3, 3-series. Why is it frowned upon though to have just the M-badge on a genuine M-sport car? It doesn't make sense to me???
It's probably not gonna be a popular opinion, but it just seems to me to be simply badge snobs and elitists making up their own rules regarding what's cool and what's not.

The addition of an ///M badge to the rear of a car does not necessarily mean that someone is trying to pass their 320i off as an M3. If they were, they would surely have put an M3 badge on the rear (which would be very sad!). God knows it's easy enough to get your hands on one!

So its OK for BMW to put 4 ///M badges on my wheels, 2 on my kick plates, one on my steering wheel and god knows where else on the car? But I would not in this groups' eyes be allowed to put one on the boot without making myself a 'clown'?

Are those who add M3 style lip spoilers, carbonfibre trim/ancillaries or CSL rep alloys (E46) to their cars also to be ridiculed and called clowns?

For those who are wondering, I don't have an ///M badge on the back of my car. It is completely devoid of badging as all of my cars have been. I personally don't like the look of model designations on the back of a car, but appreciate that conversely, some people like to display badges for every feature of their car. So what's so wrong with them advertising to the rest of the world that their car is an M-Sport?

Appreciate 0