Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
It's nice to try; I get the engineering challenge. I'd love to particpate normally, but BMW has failed with this as far as customer relations has gone, so helping them with the fix does not have my interest. Like I said, you'd expect something like this from GM and not BMW. But hey, Cadillacs now drive better than BMWs...
Modern BMW, for my wants, has completely shit the bed. I got into bmw's for awesome NA engines, rwd, reasonable weight for the practicality, manual trans in a practical car, good steering feel, and a reasonable long term ownership proposition. Nothing they sell today remotely has my interest.

Nor is there an alternative. Modern caddy is absolutely a better driving experience than modern BMW, but they're still shit compared to what BMW used to be.

My last 7 cars were bmw's. 3 of them purchased from BMW, 2 of them new. I will not be buying another.

That said, this issue isn't really why. This is an annoyance that I suspect we'll figure a way around eventually. No car is perfect, I accept that so long as there's fixes for the short comings. It's the complete about face in corporate values that has me out.

So, yeah. I'll just be maintaining and upgrading my fleet of older BMWs. Of course, the way they've been headed they'll probably drop part support at some point

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0