10-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #95
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Modern BMW, for my wants, has completely shit the bed. I got into bmw's for awesome NA engines, rwd, reasonable weight for the practicality, manual trans in a practical car, good steering feel, and a reasonable long term ownership proposition. Nothing they sell today remotely has my interest.

Nor is there an alternative. Modern caddy is absolutely a better driving experience than modern BMW, but they're still shit compared to what BMW used to be.

My last 7 cars were bmw's. 3 of them purchased from BMW, 2 of them new. I will not be buying another.

That said, this issue isn't really why. This is an annoyance that I suspect we'll figure a way around eventually. No car is perfect, I accept that so long as there's fixes for the short comings. It's the complete about face in corporate values that has me out.

So, yeah. I'll just be maintaining and upgrading my fleet of older BMWs. Of course, the way they've been headed they'll probably drop part support at some point
I'll not argue the point about comparing the Caddy to older BMWs; older BMWs would win the day against new BMWs too, so maybe it's a moot point? But from what I can tell the ATS and (maybe - not driven the new one) the CTS are the best we can get for a pure drivers car at a reasonable price and not all M'd (V'd) up. I understand the oil life monitor issue isn't yours, but it sure is mine. When a car company can't even give the time of day to an owner for the past 26 years and a combined mileage of 684,000 miles from 3 cars, and treated me with no effort for an explanation, then I certainly can return the favor.
Appreciate 0