United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel08E93 View Post
So you're saying there really isn't any point to be getting an oil change 3-4K? And blackstone labs huh thanks man I've never heard of them but when I get this done I'll sure to get a kit from them I appreciate it!
Correct. At the time our cars were made, BMW actually recommended 15,000 mile intervals, which they later retracted because that's simply too long if you want a long life out of your engine/turbos (if equipped). With any modern synthetic oil, 7,500 miles is pretty standard and is a safe OCI even without doing blackstone analysis testing. Many have found though, that even at 7,500 miles, their oil was still in pretty good shape. The way I see it, oil is cheap insurance so I stick to approximately that interval.
Thank you sure for that info I will start doing that and it will save me some money on oil annually I went ahead and ordered the liqui moly molygen because I want to try it and see how that goes so my next oil change is coming up and I want to see how well it holds up. After this change I will wait for approximately 7.5k and send my oil to black stone labs to see how my oil is doing. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out and giving me some info on this
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251678.50