View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Interesting... I've never thought about needing a wind deflector for this car. The 1 series, yeah, for sure. I test drove them back to back.

But this car, one of the things I loved about it was with the windows up and top down, very little wind comes thru the front seats. Even more so, I actually hate the looks of the wind deflector, and wouldn't buy one and put it in even if it was $100.

Totally ruins the beautiful looks of the car, IMO, if I had it there, not to mention the PITA of removing it every time you want to use the rear seats for things or people:

For operating the top while moving, I didn't know you could get that coded. Cool. Must be somewhat new. I bought a SmartTop years ago, which at the time, at almost $400, I thought was crazy, but it's one of the best devices ever! Totally worth it IMO and seriously, every feature in it should have come from the factory!

Not only does it let you move the top while driving, some of its best features are that you can operate your top with just one push of the button (fob or console), without having to hold it down the whole time. So you can open the top easily as you approach, and it's done by the time you're in and seatbelt's on. No more waiting.

You can close the top as soon as you park by just one tap of the button, turn car off and walk away, and it does it all for you. Don't need to stand there watching it.

Folds mirrors in and out when you lock car.

And auto unlocks the doors when you turn car off (if you've set the car to lock them when you drive).
Appreciate 0