mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Day 4 - Hello Italy......again.

After a relaxing day on the train the day before, we were feeling refreshed and ready to munch some miles. And every day starts with a good breakfast...

Day 4 would see us tackle two passes in Switzerland before we dropped down into Italy and did two more passes.

The first two passes were Julier Pass and Bernina Pass and then onto the Gavia Pass and Stelvio Pass. Some of you may be familiar with some of those

A word of warning now. If you plan to tackle the Stelvio via the Gavia Pass, be prepared go slow. The Gavia Pass is in a shocking state. Potholes and crumbling roads and for the most part 30kph limit. The speed is not needed as the road condition is not suitable for anything faster. But the 30kph limit is needed due to the fact that the Gavia pass is mostly single track with appalling visibility.

Poor road condition seems to be common in Italy. I must have lost 10k miles life off my shocks and springs. Seemed they spent their entire road budget on the Stelvio pass! At the top of the Stelvio, it was doing its hardest to snow.

Little souvenir

Road repairs on the Stelvio

And if the roads couldn't get any worse.....the road outside of our hotel was being resurfaced. Exposed ironworks, sudden changes in tarmac, with some brutal lips. And then my car grounded out slightly when going into the underground car park. On the plus side, the weather was nice and the food even better.

More beer

Total driving time (including stops/fuel ups/food/etc) - 10 hours / 210 miles

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019

Last edited by mjn77; 11-15-2017 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 3
Dackelone10538.50
Dan.E4625.00
cenix379.00