02-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Switching current accounts

Anyone done this?
I'm thinking of doing it as Nationwide are offering £100 to do it, and as we already have our mortgage with them Im hoping it'll be a quick painless process. Although it does worry me that they'll fuck the direct debits up somehow, hence why I've never done it before - been with Lloyds for 30 years!
So what's other people's experiences and realistically how long does it take? By that I mean how long does it take to fill out the necessary forms online? I went in to the branch today to see if I could do it there and then, and was told I could make an appointment, do it over the phone or online.*
Now ideally I'd like to have dealt with a real person and done it in branch, however the lady told me it would take about an hour and a half! A bloody hour and a half to open a bank account when they've already got all my details due to the mortgage! Bollocks to that! I was under the impression I would just need to give them my ID, and my bank details for my current bank, sign a form, job done! If it's gonna take me any longer than 10 mins on the lap top I just can't be arsed as I ain't that desperate for £100
Appreciate 0