View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 06:52 AM   #9
vautrain
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 xDrive

Garage List
I've been doing a lot of research in this category, as I'm about to get new tires.

The Michelin does very well from a dry and wet performance aspect, but it seems to be a bit noisy and ill-mannered, and the snow performance isn't so great.

The Continental does very well in snow, but the dry performance isn't quite as good.

The BFGoodrich does very well in dry, wet and snow (for an UHPAS). It has good road manners, too (not too jarring, low road noise). I'm going with this one, and BFG has a $50 gift card rebate right now through mid-September.

Couple of downsides to the BFGoodrich, it seems to be slightly heavier than other top UHPAS tires, not like run flat heavy, but just marginally heavier. Tread also seems a bit wider, which could explain some of the weight. New tread depth is also 9/32 rather than standard 10/32 for this category.

(Sorry, I just saw your comment that it's unavailable in your size.)

Depending on budget and priorities (good ride, snow traction, etc) you might also want to look at the Dunlop Signature HP and the Kumho Ecsta 4X II. These can both be had cheaper than the others. The Dunlop gives up a little bit in extreme performance, but has good manners. The Kumho doesn't do as well in snow, but it's quite inexpensive, and the dry performance is solid.
Appreciate 0