08-31-2016, 06:35 PM   #19
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasM View Post
I'm no fan of UHP all-season tires. They're not really good enough for winters here in Wisconsin so I go for summer tires when the weather's good and winters when it's not.

My car came with Pilot Sport A/S 3s on it when I bought it in May, and I promptly replaced them with 19s with summer tires. My stock 18" 193Ms will be getting snow tires soon.

But, if you want another tire to consider, check out the General G-MAX AS-03. It's not quite the equal of the BFG Comp-2 A/S but it at least is somewhat similar and is also sorta competent in the winter.
I have heard good things about the GMax AS03 from general. My brother has them on his G35. They feel quite sporty. However, there are numerous reports that they make noise as they wear. Loud noises! Like mud truck tires or bad wheel bearings. Sure enough, my brothers car does have a roaring wheel bearing type sound that increases with speed. We replaced one wheel bearing on that car, the sound is still there. Writing this now, it just came to mind all of the General Gmax noise complaints. I'm curious if the GMax are causing my brothers G35 noise. I'll check next time I'm under his car, and report back with what I find.
Appreciate 0