11-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #10
Gmark958
Dumbass
Rep
Drives: ‘08 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT View Post
I told myself I wouldn't enter into this nonsense, but seriously, with all the changes that would be required to run massive, soft racing slicks on one of our cars, you would have a much better start just buying an old Nascar road course car or symmetrical frame modified. Stretching wheelbases, running mega dollar brake setups, etc is ridiculous when all this is coming from the basis of saving a couple hundred dollars in tires for a car that will never see any actual competition due to not fitting into any rulesets. What is the desire? If, somehow, you do run through the hundreds of tires that would be needed to make this sound feasible and are absolutely dead set on using an e90/e92, why not just run takeoffs from a series that actually uses tires that fit these cars, like the GTLM, GTD, and M2 CS guys? Takeoffs are fine to burn up, and again, it's not like you're competing.
I agree that this is complete and utter nonsense and has zero practicality in any sort of application, BUT I am an idiot.