View Single Post
      09-16-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
DirtyDieselDog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

update 1: EGR delete and maintenance advice

I'm starting some needed work tonight on the 2011 335D w/104K. any advice, order of things, things to do while I'm at it etc. etc. would be appreciated...

Harmonic balancer failed so that has to be done
I've have EGR race pipe, so I figured id put that on now too.
and CBU needs cleaned, so Ill be doing that

while this is what's needed I figured while I'm at it..
swirl flaps
thermostat / coolant
belts
glow plugs and relay
fuel filter

concerns:

EGR - will it or will it not put me in limp mode? car isn't tuned and wont be tuned yet
do I connect the 2 coolant hoses or cap them off?

CBU - do I need to remove the valve cover or no? I bought the blast kit from ECS that was from Bav motorsports previously. I've seen the valve cover both ways, Id prefer not as it looks like shit ton more crap to remove, but if it has to be done... But I don't wanna hurt the cover either. Im not even sure where the adapter fits, above or below the valve cover....

Glow Plugs - can the removed cold? car isn't really in running order now, but i don't wanna break one. I was gonna soak them or heat them with a torch if space allows with out melting something

Anything else I should consider as preventative maintenance?

I figured HB and belts are all in the same area

everything else seems to be down the same rabbit hole making for optimal time to do them

Fuel filter is its own thing, but needs done and seems like the easiest of the bunch barring prime issues.... Ill plan to jumper the pump for 15 seconds or so under the pass side rear seat.

appreciate any insight. I've read a shit ton here and there and everywhere, but the questions above seem to be most murky or debated....

Last edited by DirtyDieselDog; 09-21-2022 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0