03-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #4193
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I might give it a try. I tried that setup once, but for slower action pace sports (Derby)

It sure can provide some rest, but i'm concerned about reaction time using a pod for paintball and mobility issues. I would have to detach the monopod everytime I want to take a ground level shot and adjust the height every time I want to make a change in the position. I think it would be very static and restrictive.

I ordered the grip; that combined to my spider holster between points should be good. Time will tell. But I keep that suggestion in mind. If I can find a swivel with a quick release type of thing; that could be an interesting option.
Yeah, I wouldn't even consider going that route without putting a head on it that has a quick release. It would leave you trapped. Nice thing about the monopod is you don't have to put it full height, so you can kind of just flick it around and reset back to position again. Or just lift it to your eye and put it down again. Just because the extra bulk isn't there.

Food for thought anyhow.
Appreciate 0