02-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #52
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I watch top gear, wheeler dealers, and chasing classic cars. I have a soft spot for wheeler dealers, as I love quirky old cars. My favourite episode is the restoration of a 190E 2.3 Cosworth.

Gary, I know you want an E30 M3, my equivalent is the Merc Cossie, which is absolute gem of a car.
I watch those same shows also - HD Theater is my favorite channel! I also watch Autotrader which is another Mike Brewer / Ed China show. As much as I love Top Gear, I try to avoid it on BBC America due to all of the commercials. They cut 10/15 mins from the show to make the space.

Have you ever seen Fifth Gear? It's been an alternative to Top Gear in the UK for quite a few years now and is decent. Some of the presenters were actually on the original Top Gear show from the mid-90s.

Check out finalgear.com for both Top Gear and Fifth Gear information.

The 190E Cossie is a nice machine alright. And can you believe how cheaply they purchased it for? Even E30 M3s can be picked up over there for small money. I do enjoy the 80s era restorations on Wheeler Dealers, especially the 325i touring, 635CSi, Mk1 Golf GTi - man I must have seen every episode about 5 times . Some of Eds work churns my stomach though - like repainting a panel on a 924 with a spray can!
Appreciate 0