View Single Post
      07-23-2020, 12:56 AM   #19
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVR View Post
Well nearly 3 years on, the rear abs sensor on the other side of the car also started to rub on its reluctor ring, causing jerking and eventually the 3 yellow abs/brake lights to come on.

Hoping it was not the same left rear that I replaced 3 years ago, I read the codes and this time got 5DC1 error code, 'REAR RIGHT' wheel speed sensor'.

I removed the sensor, just like the other side it was slightly worn on the end, but not through the plastic so no metal exposed. Instead of replacing the sensor with a brand new one, this time I refitted the existing one, spaced back with a 1.5mm rubber washer as before to stop it rubbing on the high spot of the reluctor ring. Tested the car and it's working absolutely fine now, so a cheaper repair this time around.
i never got around to changing sensor/spacing etc,,but i did have a front wheel bearing go,,offside front,,,new bearing,,,no lights now and that was 5 months ago or so,so bad bearing can have intermittent lights for abs sensor etc,,i used to get traction light wen on a right hand tight ish bend like round about,,like a bearing the weight is put onto that side,,noise was horrible in the end,,even a slight turn to right had the bearing groaning
Appreciate 0