Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
I did C2,4 and 6 compression test 3 times each. I also cleaned the seat a bit to see if there was a leak, but results were within 15psi. C4 did drop to 165 as the very last measure, but that could have been from the oil cooling.
Did you take the spark plug adapter out each time? That is the biggest issue normally is that some small piece of gunk gets in there and creates a small leak. How many revolutions did you do on each test? A leakdown is very nice too if you have the tester. Like was mentioned earlier you can put a small amount of oil in the cylinder too to try and seal the rings better to see if it gets better.

A boroscope that goes on your phone is very cheap also (like $20) and they actually work pretty good. Another option if you are thinking there is any damage, but I wouldn't at this point. I would redo the full compression test twice more and see how they all match up. If they are consistent then a leakdown is in order. If there is still a problem you are probably going to be looking at injector seals, head gasket or valve seals/seats.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0