View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 05:33 PM   #9
Snowy_e91
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 (N52, 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I realize that YOU probably are NOT into DIY, and have to rely on a $hop to maintain & repair your vehicle. I don't mean to "Be Mean", but DO MEAN to make a point. That point is, when it comes to proper Diagnosis of any vehicle issue: Garbage In = Garbage OUT. If you have relied SOLELY on $hop, please attach Scan of any INVOICE.

As others have stated, Fault Codes, in BOTH DME (Engine Module) & EGS (Transmission Module) are needed as STARTING POINT for DIAGNOSIS. If "Mechanic" didn't provide you with invoice stating the Fault Codes read, and results of tests conducted, he basically STOLE your money. If you have that information on an Invoice, please attach Scan of Invoice. If $hop has records YOU don't, GET COPY from $hop.

Also, if ANY Warning Lights have appeared on Instrument Cluster, please describe specifically, such as SES for engine or Transmission Gear (Yellow or Red) for Tranny. If you have a "!" in yellow triangle to right of Gear indicator in lower Instrument Cluster display, use "Check Control" procedure per your Owner's Manual and Post your "CC-ID" Code(s). Any Fluid Leaks (RED Dexron VI ATF)? BTW, most E91 wagons (unless modified) have GM6 AT which has a METAL Transmission Pan/Sump that holds magnet, vs. ZF plastic sump.

If YOU have a Scan Tool or Diagnostic Software (INPA/ ISTA), please provide those codes, together with Make/Model of Scan Tool or software.
George
I should also add that I agree that finger crossing and throwing parts is superstition at best. I am simply hoping that the solution is not in replacing the transmission!
Appreciate 0