View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #48
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
What data do you want? Coolant triggers limp mode before oil does? You can just do a simple search yourself and see how many reports seeing limp mode before oil temp hits 300F...

Oh, btw What makes N52/54/55 so different from any other water cooled engines??? Please enlighten me...

I know radiator mods help more than oil cooler from my own experience... I never go over 270F with just a relatively small single core Dinan oil cooler on my FBO 6AT. And I never do any sort of cool down laps until end of each 20-30 mins sessions at all the track events I have done. Never hit limp mode once aside from the one time that my water pump was dying.

These things aren't rocket science. If you can't figure out why the coolant system upgrades are just as important as oil cooler, well, I am not going waste my time making this thread any longer. People like you who argues without any good understanding of facts around them is why stupid threads like this exist...
Lmao now I'm stupid? Not here to argue... reread the thread. You yourself run an oil cooler. That is telling.

Continue to spread misinformation if that's what you want to believe. Tell people that buying a radiator is going to keep their oil under 270f (engine torque reduction) on track (not a single person has been able to support this with fact). Contact ginger extract and ask him about how his csf radiator failed to keep engine oil temps from rising over 270f on track.

I'll stick to what I've gathered from facts and first hand experience that suggests otherwise.

I'm just absolutely baffled that a car can run at a perfectly normal operating coolant temperature yet oil could be at 290f and you guys want to argue the radiator is what needs to be upgraded.
Appreciate 0