View Single Post
      11-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
Aircooledrules
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Now that the car is home, it’s time to assess it and see what I bought.

When bidding on these cars at auction you are relying on a handful of terrible photos, and because this car was dismantled at a body shop prior to being deemed a total loss, it was very difficult to determine from the photos how bad the damage really was.

If a car is intact, you can judge by the damage, how bad it might be under the skin but with this one apart, with the front end laying on the ground in front of the car and the rest of it stuffed into the trunk it was impossible to know the severity of the crash.

In any case I was very pleased with what I saw when I took all the parts out of the trunk and opened the hood to do a visual.

I knew quickly that the damage was minor and not structural and that I would be able to fix this car at home with regular hand tools for the most part.

The body shop that dismantled the car made markings with paint pen all over the frame rails with arrows pointing to the left to indicate that the front end is swayed to the left, as well as markings all over the front end.

I would like to know what shop assessed this car as they totally missed the mark. This car is dead straight with no structural damage.

Here are the markings before I wiped them off and called it fixed !!!

And ofcourse I washed it, to see what it actually looks like under all that dust

Did I mention it’s a 6-Speed ?

Last edited by Aircooledrules; 11-06-2022 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 3