View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
dangeris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
So you don't think you're riding around on the (front) bumpstops?

edit: to clarify I don't understand how you can drop 2 fingers worth with stock bump stops and critical05 got no drop at all, and had to cut bump stops. Something isn't adding up. Like he said in another post, the non-xi guys using koni yellows + eibach pros or H&R sports need to use e36 M3 stops in front and Z4 rear to avoid riding on the stops. I would assume this applies to all lowering springs.
OK first of all, what are you referring to as the front bump stops? When I took off the front strut this is what was there:

Are you referring to part#10? On RealOEM.com that is called "additional Shock absorber, front" So basically, I compressed the ZSP spring, took of the nut (part#3) removed the upper spring plate as well as the boot and the "additional shock absorber" and reinstalled it on the koni.
Why on God's green earth would I not re-use it? Perhaps the other guys that needed to use teh e36 M3 bumpstops had to becasue their car did not come with a ZSP package...mine did. All I know is that I reused what I took off and the car rides incredible now and the ride height is perfect!
2008 997.1 TT Porsche; 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Show Car; 1995 300ZX SMZ #36
Appreciate 0