View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #10
w2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
Sure (just FYI - the google search I submitted in my post had the link to this...)- first off - I'm not sure if you have idrive or not - but if you do -after you do what I am about to tell you - you need to go into idrive - go into the settings for door locks - and activate the lock automatically when you drive away. If your doors do NOT autolock - the unlock feature WILL NOT WORK. Now - here is what you need to do. (if it was on before, things get reset when your coding - so do make sure its done..)

Go into CAS - look for ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR and activate that. You will also need to look for KOMFORT_EJECT and activate that also.

"Unlocks all doors when you remove key (2009: Only unlocks driver door if FOB set to unlock driver door only. Set FOB to unlock all doors, and this will unlock all doors, too) (also works with Comfort Access
when engine is shut off, might need KOMFORT_EJECT activated) **Automatic door lock when you drive off must be enabled and must be the reason the doors locked for this feature to work, i.e. if you
press the Central Lock button before the drive-off lock kicks in, the doors will not auto-unlock."
sorry for not making my post clear enough but I think we are talking about two different features here...what i was reffering to is how the car behaves when you press the unlock button on the fob from outside the car to unlock the car.i dont have idrive.if you do have this feature on yours,getting me your kombi and cas trc might help me doing a comparision with mine.you can use pastebin.com.thanks for trying anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post

I don't know the exact code for the option that you have lost but the best thing to do (if you followed suggestion to make a backup before you start coding) is to compare your backup TRC file to the one you have now when you read the car. Use a http://text-compare.com to compare the two files. That will show you which values changed and you can narrow it down from there. Hope that helps.
thanks for the suggestion,sounds like a good idea.i will try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post

key fob push once to unlock door= open all doors to unlock position so both sides doors will open??

You sure you had this?
sorry for the confusion.but that is exactly what im talking about!!
I'm so surprised you dont even know the existence of such convenient option on our cars.I thought it's a standard feature that's factory enabled on all cars and that's why i dont see anyone coding it nor on the coding list.maybe it doesnt bother ppl much having to push fob twice to unlock both doors.but i just hate it!and find it stupid!
and yes,im 100% sure i had it!when i first bought my car,it wasnt set to unlock all doors with one press of fob.i was playing with bc menus and found this option.it saves so much hassle from not having to push twice on the fob each time you have someone riding with you.

Last edited by w2830; 01-28-2013 at 02:19 AM..
Appreciate 0